Despite it being 2017 for another 22 hours or so back home, the year is basically over here in Australia. Am I from the future? can I time travel? No.but I did see Star Wars like a full day before all you chumps back home. So there is that.
The end of 2017 made me reflect on my year. Its been pretty good. But, Its about that time I come to terms with all the promises I didn’t keep this year. Here were my Resolutions on Jan 1st, 2016:
-write every day
-To work out every day
-To read a book for every week of the year
-I did not write every day, I journal pretty sporadically but I’m still going to call that a failure. I messed that up by late February. Honestly I’m surprised I even made it that far.
-I ran most days, but every day?! I don’t even know what I was thinking. That mostly just sounds unhealthy.
-For the first time in my life I actually completed one of my resolutions. I read 54 books this year. One for each week of the year, and I even squeezed two extras in there. I’m 25 years old, and this is my first time I’ve ever followed through with a resolution. Here is my list.
1. Lords of the Sith- Not great, Boyd made me read this
2. Island Beneath the Sea
3. The Ocean at the End of the Lane
4. American Gods
6. Go Set a Watchmen
8. Sharp Objects
9. Good Omens
10. Dead Mans Walk
13. Comanche Moon
15. The Great Train Robbery
17. Lonesome Dove- My one true Love
18. A Place Called Freedom- Oh my god, easily the word book of the year
21. Streets of Laerdo
22. The Stand- Best post-apocalyptic book ever
23. True Grit
24. One Flew Over a Cuckoo’s Nest
25. Brave New World
26. Watership Down
27. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
28. The Little Prince
29. The Cuckoo’s Calling
31. Life, the Universe, and Everything
32. So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish
33. Mostly Harmless
34. The Long Walk.
35. The Orient Express- SO MANY TWISTS
36. The Book Thief
37. Angels and Demons
38. The Fellowship of the Ring
39. Girl on a Train
40. The two towers
41. Return of the King
42. Gerald’s Game
43. The Green Mile
44. Ugly Americans
46. Poisonwood Bible- best book I knew nothing about
47. Eyes of the Dragon
48. Turtles all the Way Down
49. Into Thin Air
50. Fight Club
51. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café
52. War and Peace- This took me like a month to read, and it was a rough month
53. The Girl with all the Gifts
54. Different Seasons
That’s my list, some notes.
Lord of the Rings is still just Ok.
I’m recently all about that Stephen King life.
I don’t even care if I’m a giant douche for publishing this.
I know its been like a month since I’ve posted but that’s one of my resolutions for 2018. We’ll see if I keep that one. I don’t even have a picture for this post, so 2018 can only get better blog-wise.
My other resolutions for 2018:
– Read 60 books
– Run 1000 kilometers
– Write 100000 words whether it be on here, my journal, or short stories
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!